1975 Chevrolet 4x4 Expedition Vehicle
4WD for Sale, 1975 Chevrolet 4x4 Expedition VehicleHere classic 4x4 Expedition Vehicle based on 1975 Chevrolet truck, powered by 50 V8 gas engine mated with automatic transmission claims is runs and drives great. All looks good condition the seller said is not perfect but is good and perfect to camp, it ready to go anywhere, all work properly and this could be a seriously reliable off-road camper.
|Year of construction||1975|
|For Sale By||Owner|
Detail by owner
Own a piece of Chevy history! This 1975 Chevrolet 4x4 expedition vehicle is an extremely rare find. It is one of only five built for an Australian expedition. I wish I knew more details but that's all the info I got from the previous owner.
However, I can tell you that it is a very high-quality professional conversion. It is well-designed with a lot of really nice details. The fit and finish are impressive, and the materials used are top notch.
It is basically a long-bed pickup modified with a perfectly integrated aluminum rear section. The roof pops up to provide 6 feet 4 inches of standing room in the back. The camper section is equipped with all the basic amenities to survive off the grid. And the coolest feature of all is the huge flip-open hatch over the cab for open-air driving! (or safari-style hunting :)
I have invested over $14,000 in this truck. It runs great and it is ready to be driven anywhere. It's still a project in terms of minor details, cosmetics and camper components, but it is complete and can be used just like it is.
• 350 V8 engine runs strong
• 700r overdrive transmission rebuilt about 2000 miles ago
• G80 locking rear differential rebuilt about 2000 miles ago
• Transfer case rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago
• New drive shaft
• New exhaust system
• New hoses
• New starter
• New battery
• New alternator
• New electronic breakerless ignition
• New carburetor
• New fuel pump
• Shift kit
• Edelbrock performance intake
• Almost all electrical wiring and switches have been replaced/redone
• Trailer hitch
• Bull bar with tow hooks and fog lights (need to be wired)
• Storage in rear bumper
• Storage compartments on both sides
• 4 gas tanks, but only one is currently hooked up. 2 of the tanks are new, and the other 2 have been refurbished.
The body is very straight and dent-free. It was repainted in the original colors with the original 2-tone graphic pattern, but the paint is old and faded. There is a small amount of superficial surface rust here and there, but nothing structural, and nothing that couldn't be removed with a little sandpaper.
• New Pioneer CD Player
• Large lockable "safe" -- steel compartment between front seats
• Custom-fit gas can behind passenger seat
• Sliding door between cab and camper section
• Air conditioning (needs work)
• Leather seats from an Acura RSX Type S. They have adjustable lumbar and are very supportive and comfortable. However, the driver's seat has a couple of split seams.
• Sink with hot & cold water
• 2-burner stove
• Portable toilet in slide-out compartment
• Water tank
• Spots for 2 propane tanks
• Closet and several roomy cabinets
• Table cranks down flush with the side benches to make a bed
The stainless steel sink/countertop with 2 burner stove is in very impressive condition, almost like new.
The cabinets are in excellent shape, and they have a sleek modern design. They are made of good quality wood, not the typical cheap-looking oak. I think it might be maple. The ceiling is veneered with the same high-end wood.
WORK STILL NEEDED
• Wipers don't work
• AC/Heater needs a blower, and some dash vents and ductwork
• Speedometer doesn't work
• Windshield has a crack down the right side (does not affect visibility)
• Canvas roof extension needs mending or replacement
• Hydraulic struts that hold the roof up need to be rebuilt
It has a clean title and current registration through July 2016, and it never needs to be smogged.